Art Wolfe on Hamilton Island – 2012
EXCLUSIVE TIME WITH ART WOLFE ON HAMILTON ISLAND, QUEENSLAND
Since the announcement of Art Wolfe’s visit to Australia, many photographers and others, particularly from Queensland, have asked (a) if it were possible for Art to visit Brisbane (in addition to Sydney, Melbourne & Perth) and (b) if it were possible to arrange an event for a very small group (maximum of 15 people), preferably in a picturesque and appealing location. Arrangements have now been made for such a small group event.
If you have never heard of Art Wolfe, do yourself a favour and visit his website at Art Wolfe. You will be blown away by his photography to date! It is simply stunning. Whilst there have a look at some of his “Travels to the Edge” TV series.
No wonder Sir David Attenborough said: “Art Wolfe’s photographs are a superb evocation of some of the most breathtaking spectacles in the world.” and,
The New York Times Book Review said: “There’s a stunning clarity and vibrancy in Art Wolfe’s wildlife portraits, which are careful, often haunting, compositions.”
Art Wolfe is truly at the pinnacle of fine art photography in the world and whilst in Australia he will be travelling to Queensland to undertake some private photography of the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays. Whilst there, he will conduct one small group lecture series on Hamilton Island, for a select group of Australian photographers.
It is a total package event, meaning it includes airport transfers on Hamilton Island, accommodation at Reef View Hotel, all meals including a private dinner with Art Wolfe, attendance at all lectures and participation in a dawn shoot with Art. All that is required of participants is to arrange their own transport to and from Hamilton Island.
This exclusive lecture series will fill quickly thus registrations will be accepted on a “first to register/first in” basis.
WHEN: Sunday, Monday & Tuesday 18, 19 & 20th March 2012.
WHERE: Reef View Hotel & Auditorium/Barnacle Room, Hamilton Island Yacht Club and surrounds.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Bus transfer from Hamilton Island Airport to the Reef View Hotel.
- Single accommodation in Garden View Room, Reef View Hotel on the nights of Sun & Mon, 18 & 19th March 2012
- Dinner-BBQ Buffet on Sun 18 March, during which Art Wolfe will mingle with participants.
- Breakfast on Mon 19th March.
- Morning & afternoon teas/coffee and lunch on Mon 19th March.
- Attendance at private lecture series by Art Wolfe, on Mon 19th March, at Auditorium, Hamilton Island Yacht Club.
- Attendance at private dinner, on Mon 19th March, in Private Dining Room, Hamilton Island Yacht Club, during which Art Wolfe will speak about and show much of his latest work.
- Participation in “Dawn Shoot” with Art Wolfe, on Tues 20th March, in surrounds of Hamilton Island – “Looking over the shoulder of and learning from a Grand Master Photographer at Work”
- Breakfast on Tues 20th March.
- Final “Interactive Session with Art Wolfe”, immediately after breakfast and planned to last a maximum of one hour.
- Bus transport from the Reef View hotel to Hamilton Island Airport.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Alcohol at dinner or other meals; bar services will be available.
- Expenses of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, phone calls from hotel phones, mini bar consumption, etc.
- Transportation to/from Hamilton Island.
LECTURE SERIES CONTENT
Drawing form 36 years of international travel, Art will delve into a vast range of subjects; from discovering the subject to elements of design, including new works such as time lapses. Imagery of nature, wildlife and the world’s varied landscapes will round out the curriculum to provide the most comprehensive and imaginative educational material available. This new series of lectures are the same as Art will be presenting, in conjuction with Calmut Photo, across the US in 2012. Please see more details at: 2012 Lecture Series.
COST OF TOTAL PACKAGE: A$1850.00/person.
HOW TO REGISTER
The cost of this event, is payable in full, on registration.
You may use Visa or MasterCard, or PayPal.
To register click on the “Buy Now” button below and follow the simple instructions.
Following payment, you will automatically receive a seperate PayPal-generated receipt.
The PayPal receipt is also your confirmation of registration; please retain it in a safe place and take it with you to the event. To gain entry to the event you will be required to present this receipt.
Should you prefer to make payment via a direct/electronic transfer instead of using the credit card or PayPal facility, this is acceptable. To send a brief message click on Contact and the relevant bank details will be forwarded to you.
CANCELLATION POLICY & FURTHER INFORMATION
Following registration, should you find, for some unexpected reason, you are unable to attend this event, a refund of the fee, less an administration charge of 5%, will be made, providing we receive written notification of your cancellation, no later than Friday 24th Feb 2012.
Should you require further information prior to registering, please contact Denis Glennon on 0418 923 103 or click on Contact to sent details of your query.
To read a sample of testimonials received from participants in other Iconic Images events, click on Testimonials and scroll through the comments.
To read the feedback on workshops Art Wolfe has conducted around the world, click on Workshops