Exclusive Photo Safari to Botswana’s Okavango Delta – Nov/Dec 2011
Botswana’s Okavango Delta is remarkable because it is a wetland paradise in the middle of the arid Kalahari Desert. Each year floodwater flows into the Okavango from over 1000km away, creating a unique wetland that sustains a mesmerizing variety of wildlife. Without this water, the area would be as featureless as that of the surrounding Kalahari Desert.
Instead, it is one of the most sought after places in the world for wildlife and nature photographers. It is a shimmering, matchless watery jewel in the midst of inhospitable surroundings. It’s flat, wildlife-packed expanses are awash with African colours and vistas. For most photographers wishing to experience one of nature’s “untouched” jewels, this part of Africa is unsurpassed.
Three accomplished and dedicated wildlife photographers, Denis Glennon AO, Shem Compion,
and Jay Collier have combined their commercial expertise, on-ground knowledge, professional photographic and technical expertise to create this exclusive safari. All three will be available in your vehicles to help you capture many iconic images and experience memories that you will revisit time and time again.
This is a safari, custom-made for photographers and spouses/partners having interests in wildlife, nature, and breath-taking landscapes and who wish to experience, in one trip, extraordinary, untamed parts of Africa that are difficult to access for many, in their lifetime.
Each camp/lodge we have selected is private. We have booked each camp on an exclusive basis, for our group. To maximize photography opportunities, we will fly by light aircraft between locations and explore and photograph the uniqueness of the surrounding environment. We will use specially adapted vehicles with not more than four photographers/persons per vehicle. This arrangement will cater especially well for photographers using larger telephoto lenses and yet allow enough space for “not-so-keen” photography spouses/partners who just wish to come to know the special spirit of this precious piece of Africa.
THIS SAFARI IS CONFINED TO A MAXIMUM OF TWELVE PEOPLE, EXCLUSIVE OF THE THREE TOUR LEADERS.
- Photograph the best and most stunning wildlife the Okavango Delta has to offer under the guidance of three competent wildlife photographers
- Capture the big predator cats in several locations we have selected
- Stay in exclusive lodges/camps; we have booked each Okavango Delta camp exclusively for our group
- Photograph Africa’s wild dogs, (now an endangered species) in the best place in Africa
- There is an additional post safari option to photograph the majestic Victoria Falls, and enjoy a memorable cruise on the Zambezi River
- This is not a rushed ‘game-viewing’ tour as it lasts 19 days, from 17 Nov to 5 Dec 2013
- Our drivers/guides have been selected because they have experience in working with photographers; they are accustomed to waiting, in order to capture that ‘decisive moment’
- There will be a maximum of four photographers/persons per vehicle
- You will fly between destinations in the Okavango Delta allowing more time for photography.
IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE
If this photo safari is not for you, perhaps you might consider forwarding the Overview to a friend who may like to know about it; just click on ‘Forward’ in the the top right hand corner of the Overview when you open it. Thank you.